A Joint Venture of Weed & Machine Learning-
- What is Machine Learning?
- Weed and Machine Learning
- The Benefits of Machine Learning in the Cannabis Industry
- The Future of Cannabis Cultivation
Artificial intelligence (AI) is taking the world by storm, and not only in smartphones and fridges. AI can also act as a valuable weed-growing machine.
The technology might produce better cannabis crops than conventional methods by eliminating human error and predicting the outcome of a harvest.
View details of the various marijuana strains you could cultivate using AI to increase yields, reduce waste, and grow profits.
Let’s get into it.
What Is Machine Learning?
Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence that allows software to gain knowledge from previous experiences without being programmed. Computer systems learn how to fix problems and make predictions, gradually becoming more efficient.
These algorithms identify and categorize complex patterns that the human eye often misses. The details collected aid decision-making and promote metric growth.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how a weed-growing machine learns:
- Decision: The algorithms detect and classify a problem, setting out a prediction.
- Error function: They test the prediction to find any errors.
- Model optimization: The system repeats the evaluation process until the program is optimal and efficient.
Classrooms are now implementing Machine Learning in Education. AI is also popping up in several other industries, so it’s not a shock it’s entered agriculture.
Weed & Machine Learning-
The weed business is an ever-changing market. Growers and consumers deal with evolving laws and regulations, along with labor and banking issues. The weather is also becoming a critical cultivation factor for farmers, thanks to global warming.
Weed experts are looking at AI to fix the problems the industry faces. Common challenges for growers include:
- Managing diseases and pests
- Determining ideal growing conditions
- Efficient nutrition
- Legal aspects
Cannabis sellers also face problems, such as:
- Understanding the distribution process
- Tax regulations
- Decisions on future expansions of the business
- Keeping track of supply and demand
- Legal aspects
These issues are becoming more prominent in the industry. So, how can a cannabis-growing machine help?
The Benefits of Machine Learning In Cannabis Industry-
One of the biggest advantages of this technology is that AI can predict the future. Data-processing machines determine the best conditions for weed to grow to optimize harvests and reduce unnecessary spending.
Research trends in machine learning also provide valuable information and examples of how efficient these algorithms are.
Here are the benefits of implementing machine learning in each aspect of the cannabis industry.
- A significant factor when growing marijuana is understanding the cultivation requirements of different strains. Predictive AI models use x-ray imaging techniques to identify cannabinoids, confirming your weed variant.
- Using cameras, sensors, and vision algorithms, AI then identifies the yield of your crops. Cultivators use these predictions to make future arrangements.
- Artificial intelligence can also determine the ideal growing conditions for the strain. A marijuana-growing machine can inform the farmer of the best way to cultivate the crop without trial and error processing.
- While understanding genetics and conditions is essential, threat predictions are another valuable factor AI offers. Drones fly over the fields and, using imaging techniques, scan the plants’ health, irrigation, and drainage.
- Machines also detect any insect colonizations on your crops. Farmers can recognize early signs and stop the infestation before it’s too late, while reducing their use of pesticides.
Predictive programs discern probable future outcomes that may influence marketing or sales. AI classifies customers and identifies their spending habits. Sellers can profit from knowing who may be a promising client.
If the weed you buy is machine grown, rest easy knowing it’s pure and its potency is precisely what you ordered. Consumers are more comfortable knowing that their purchase is top quality.
The Future Of Cannabis Cultivation-
Using cannabis machine learning could make your marijuana business boom. Artificial intelligence can identify potential threats to crops, detect ideal growing conditions, and determine who your best clients are.
Many industries are now run with the help of machines, and there’s no reason not to include AI in weed cultivation. Machine learning could help your company grow and prosper through optimized agriculture and customer knowledge.
Kyle Kushman is an American writer, educator, activist and award-winning cannabis cultivator and breeder specializing in veganic cultivation. He is a representative of Homegrown Cannabis CO company, has been a contributor for over 20 years, and has taught courses in advanced horticulture at Oaksterdam University in Oakland, California and across the United States. Kushman also hosts a cannabis podcast called “The Grow Show with Kyle Kushman”.