- Full Adder is a combinational logic circuit that is used for the purpose of adding two single bit numbers with a carry.
- Thus, Full Adder has the ability to perform the addition of three bits unlike half adder which can add only two bits.
- It contains 3 inputs and 2 outputs (sum and carry).
Designing a Full Adder-
Identify the input and output variables-
- Input variables = A , B , Cin (either 0 or 1)
- Output variables = S , Cout where S = Sum and Cout = Carry
Draw the truth table-
|A||B||Cin||Cout (Carry)||S (Sum)|
Draw the K-maps using the above truth table and determine the simplified Boolean expressions-
Draw the logic diagram-
Here, Full Adder has been implemented using 1 XOR gate, 3 AND gates and 1 OR gate.
Get more notes and other study material of Digital Electronics.
Watch video lectures by visiting our YouTube channel LearnVidFun.